Completing your Senior Schooling at our TAFE QLD Alexandra Hills campus gives students the opportunity to finish high school in a relaxed learning environment.
Our Mentor Program supports our students throughout their time at TAFE Queensland Brisbane, enabling them to set and achieve clear and realistic goals for their future.
Our 'Do Year 11 & 12 differently' program has been designed for student to attain either a QCE or OP ranking as well as vocational qualifications. With these qualifications in hand, you can transition through to further study or employment in your chosen field with increased ease and greater confidence.
In addition, the learning environment at TAFE Queensland Brisbane, Alexandra Hills campus enables year 11 & 12 students to develop as individuals in a friendly and supportive atmosphere, providing access to:
- industry-standard vocational training facilities
- fully equipped resource centre
- theatre and auditorium
- excellent access to computer labs
- multi-purpose activity centre.
Other excellent student support services are offered at TAFE Queensland Brisbane, including:
- qualified counsellors
- career guidance via counsellors
- tutorial support
- mentor program
- career hub
- disability support officer
All Senior College students are enrolled in the Mentor Program which is designed to prepare you, regardless of academic ability, for the challenges of studying.
The program is comprised of formal scheduled class time involving a variety of speakers, as well as informal time where students can raise issues of importance.
Through this program, Year 12 students are prepared for the Queensland Core Skills Test (QCST). Our Mentor Program supports our students throughout their time with us, enabling you to set and achieve clear and realistic goals for your future.
Year 12 students will also join the Career Hub in semester two of their Mentoring Program. This prepares students for the completion of year 12, and equips them with key skills required to be job-ready. Students will focus on their individual career pathways, and learn skills to meet these goals, including an exciting schedule of industry speakers to discuss various career choices.
TAFE Queensland Brisbane has Disability Services Officers who:
- offer confidential, friendly advice and support for any life situation
- assist students to achieve their educational and career goals
- encourage students to be independent and take responsibility for their course and study
- liaise with relevant external agencies, organisations or government departments to gain assistance
- undertake vocational training connected to that particular work area.