Our core belief is that each child is unique and created in God’s image and our purpose is to support and guide them to develop strong foundations for life and learning. These foundations include qualities and skills we aim to develop in our students as they progress throughout their Early Years, Primary and Secondary Education at CalCC; qualities like faith, integrity, compassion, and courage, and learning skills, such as questioning, creating, communicating, and improving.
We do this through quality, Christ-centred education in a safe, loving and nurturing learning community, where a love of learning and a curious mind are fostered.
Here your child will start to explore the world around them through an educational, play-based curriculum drawn from the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines which aligns with the National Early Years Learning Framework.
We seek to create life long learners who are curious, ask questions, take learning risks and learn from their mistakes, as well as their successes.
Our qualified, friendly ELC Educators provide the highest quality care and education for your child and are eager to work together with you to make the transition from home to CalCC a happy one.
The warm, inviting facilities of our ELC meet the high standards set by the Early Childhood Education and Care Division of the Queensland Government and are designed to provide students with a range of experiences.
As students start Prep and formal learning, they enter a vibrant and creative environment. Our Prep classrooms are a mosaic of colour, shape, movement and sounds where foundations are laid for a life of learning. Class activities are designed to build their identities as unique individuals, develop self-esteem and foster a love of independent and cooperative learning.
• Specialist teachers for Physical Education, Library, Music, and Japanese
• Individualised literacy and numeracy programs
• Well resourced reading program and teaching of phonics
• Basketball, futsal, and Oztag competition sports program for Years 4- 6
• After-school sport academies for Prep to Year 6 including futsal and OzTag
• Progressive camp program
• Co-curricular activities including STEM and Robotics, LEGO Club, Opti-MINDS, Reading Club, and Maker Space Club
During the first years of Secondary schooling, each child is encouraged to discover his or her God-given potential. Students are directed in investigating a wide range of subjects, and in developing work and study habits in preparing for their Senior schooling years and future pathways.
Students enjoy a varied curriculum of core subjects along with a wide range of electives. The latter enables students to make more informed decisions when making Senior School subject choices.
All Senior subjects are supported with an extensive program approved by the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority (QCAA). Senior student outcomes are further enhanced with opportunities to study at tertiary institutions within their secondary access programs (eg. Headstart at University of the Sunshine Coast).
We offer an exciting range of activities that cater for diverse abilities and interests, providing avenues for building friendships and self-confidence.
Students who have special talent in a particular area are encouraged to participate in activities designed to foster and enhance their skills.
• Sport - A wide range of individual and team sports through carnivals and interschool competitions plus after-school sport academies for basketball, futsal and OzTag.
• Caloundra Robotics Innovation & Business (CRIB) - an after school program which allows students to explore the world of tech, robotics and entrepreneurship.
• Opti-MINDS - gives students an opportunity to compete against other schools, by problem solving and collaborating using actual thinking skills.
• LEGO Club - a popular lunchtime activity where students explore design and construction.
• Music and Dance - on-campus tuition with Caloundra Music Academy and Formed Movement Dance School.
• International program - we welcome short and long stay international students from all over the world for academic, English language, and cultural exchange programs.
Scholarships are available for Year 7 and other select year levels. Contact our enrolments team.