Welcome to St Albans Secondary College, where each student is embraced in a caring, supportive and disciplined environment that encourages their pursuit of personal excellence.
We offer parents and students:
• A commitment to academic excellence
• A secure, supportive, friendly learning environment
• Structured transition program for new students
• Pro-active students support programs
• Enhanced Learning through ICT facilities, music, drama, visual arts and enrichment programs
• Highly disciplined and collaborative work ethic
• Outstanding VCE results – 99% pass rate; 94% of students entered TAFE/University
• Comprehensive Year 7 – 12 Curriculum
• Extensive VCE Program, including VET & VCAL
• Tradition of Excellence
• Scholarship Program – Academic Sporting and Leadership Scholarships
• Spacious, attractive grounds
• Focus on students personal, sporting and cultural development
• Excellent facilities which include a well-resourced library, performing arts centre, a dedicated science centre,
a Year 12 study centre, and an International Students’ office.
Our vision, values and guiding principles combine to create a safe, supportive and well managed environment where every student is guided and inspired to achieve to the best of their ability.
Our College community values respect, integrity, leadership, and the pursuit of excellence.
St Albans Secondary College provides a comprehensive, broad curriculum, which successfully attends to the academic, social and individual development of our students, and addresses students’ vocational aspirations.
St Albans Secondary College offers an exciting range of activities to develop leadership skills and to promote personal growth. Students’ leadership qualities are recognised and cultivated through an active campus leadership program.
Every year, the College appoints School Captains and Vice Captains as well as a Student Representative Council which makes a valuable contribution to campus life. The student leaders are coached in leadership as they undertake their significant role of representing the College’s student body.
Every student at St Albans Secondary College has access to the educational programs they need to reach their academic potential.
The College places a particular emphasis on ensuring that high achieving students are challenged and motivated through our Select Entry Accelerated Learning Program which is available from Year 7 right through to Year 12. Additionally, enrichment electives are offered from Year 9, and VCE subjects are available to students from Year 10.
Our students are actively encouraged to become an integral part of the College by participating in co-curricular activities, bringing enjoyment and forming well rounded and accomplished individuals.
The rich variety of activities includes a comprehensive instrumental music program, drama and music productions, public speaking and inter-school debating, inter and intra-school athletics and swimming carnivals, a wide range of sports and a range of student clubs.
St Albans Secondary College is proud to be an accredited provider of education for international students. Our reputation for academic excellence has attracted more than 50 students from overseas who are currently completing their secondary education with us.
The College is enriched by its culturally and linguistically diverse student body.
Our harmonious and cohesive school community is an excellent reflection of the success that is achieved when diversity is embraced.