At the heart of our engaged, dynamic and inclusive community, St Catherine’s School nurtures young women, to be bold and creative, independent and resilient, and who are intellectually and spiritually prepared to contribute to a greater good and an enriching life both within and beyond School.
As Principal, I am often asked to describe the essence of St Catherine’s School. Most noteworthy are the authentic learning experiences and quality of teaching provided by our professional and dedicated staff. Their expertise and warmth ensures the provision of a stimulating, tailored and future-focused education, for which St Catherine’s is internationally renowned defining the School as a leader in girls’ wellbeing and academic achievement.
As a non-denominational Christian school, with boarding for rural and international girls, our community of students, staff, families and past students is actively involved in the life of the School.
To know and value each of our students St Catherine’s maintains small year levels and class numbers. Our size, along with our one campus advantage ensures all our students – from our youngest in Early Learning Centre to our VCE students – learn in one central and encouraging community.
We enjoy a reputation for academic excellence, a supportive community, an outstanding co-curricular program, exceptional teachers, fine facilities and established alumnae networks and yet we believe our greatest achievement is the quality of character which students of St Catherine’s exhibit.
Mrs Michelle Carroll
St Catherine’s School has many distinctive features including:
• A progressive and innovative approach to education;
• Outstanding VCE results
• Comprehensive educational extension and support programs
• A non-denominational Christian school with strong values
• Inclusive size allowing for greater opportunities
• Focused on achieving the personal and academic best of each individual student
• Close community with approximately 700 students
• Situated close to the city, in picturesque surrounds.
• Study Scores of 45 or above (top 2%) were attained in 46% of the subjects taught at
St Catherine’s School: Maths Methods, Biology, Chemistry, English, English as an Additional Language, Literature, Japanese, Philosophy, Physical Education, Psychology, Studio Arts and Theatre Studies; and a third of subjects had a Median Study Score of 38;
• As a cohort our students achieved a median ATAR of 87.95;
• 6% of students recorded ATAR scores 99 or higher, placing them in the top 1% of all Victorian students;
• 27% of students recorded ATAR scores above 95, placing them in the top 5% in the State;
• 43% of students recorded ATAR scores above 90, placing them in the top 10% in the State;
• 72% of students received an ATAR of 80 or above, placing them in the top 20% of Victorian students.
St Catherine’s School extensive range of subjects and activities are comparable with many larger schools and yet our size means that nobody is overlooked. Our inclusive classes enable teachers to know your daughter personally and help her to identify her talents and abilities and develop her learning style. Across all levels, our teachers encourage students to develop critical, creative and higher order thinking, preparing them for the rapidly changing world.
The school offers a broad range of VCE subjects, university enhancement and VET programs, giving every girl the opportunity to succeed.