Danebank is a great place to learn. The school has a proven record in developing studentsí academic potential. Challenging learning programmes, broad-ranging opportunities and first class pastoral care enable students to succeed. Danebankís outstanding pastoral care emphasis is based on Christian values. Highly professional and committed staff support students in developing self-confidence. Danebank aims to graduate students who have made life-long friendships, who uphold service to others and who have the skills and confidence to succeed.
Our Pre-K class offers a quality introduction to school. Children benefit from a professional pre-school learning programme with distinctly Danebank educational features:
* A Library lesson once a week
* Christian Education lessons
* A lesson with sports specialists
* Learn to swim classes
* Preparation for school through attendance at Junior School Chapel and Assemblies
* Access to other Danebank facilities including the Performing Arts Centre, Aquatic Centre and gymnasium.
A diverse and stimulating curriculum with a strong emphasis on literacy and numeracy skills, creative learning opportunities such as writing, music, drama and art and the inclusion of an Asian language, Japanese, in all years.
* Students regularly attend lessons in Computer, Library, Christian Education and Sports.
* A school intranet assists families in maintaining study and homework schedules.
* Private tuition is available in piano, violin, viola, cello, flute, clarinet, saxophone, acoustic or electric guitar, drums, voice and tennis.
Danebank Senior School aims to give students the best possible preparation for an independent, achieving future through academic, service and other programmes. The school upholds a focus on:
* Individual and co-operative learning situations.
* Developing study and research techniques.
* Developing strong communication and presentation skills.
* Service learning.
* A range of enriching Extra-Curricular opportunities such as:
*Academic Camps in forensic, writing and art.
*Da Vinci Decathlon competition for gifted students.
*Duke of Edinburgh Scheme.
*AHIGS Festival of Speech.
*Performance opportunities for music students both inside and outside the school.
*Production and acting roles in Drama activities.
*Debating, Public Speaking and Mock Trial.
*Elite sportswomen's programs.
Students with special needs are identified early and additional help is provided for those who require it to reach their potential. Learning support staff and a range of personalised programs assist students with learning difficulties.
The school has a strong emphasis on Gifted and Talented programs. From the Junior years a special education teacher provides extension work for students with high potential.
Streamed classes in the Secondary years provide students with educational challenges that suit their abilities and help to motivate them to achieve. Students can accelerate in some subjects in the Senior years.
Our buildings and classrooms are modern, spacious and attractive. These include:
* Performing Arts Centre.
* The Terraces centre with state-of-the-art equipment and facilities for Design & Technology, Information Technology, textiles and Design, Visual Arts, Hospitality and Computing.
* Indoor Aquatic centre with a 25 metre water polo pool plus a beginners pool.
* School gymnasium includes basketball and netball courts, dance studio plus provision for volleyball.